Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Entry 2: Alone But Not Lonely

My cellphone is finally quiet.

But it keeps on ringing with calls and messages from applicants, investors, and friends. Meetings after meetings, struggling to stay on top of things. Barely have time to breathe.

I look at where I am right now and where I am heading, and I smile.  I haven't planned on heading this way but here I am. My original plans are so far off from where I am now. But when you have no one else to rely on, and instead people rely on you, a life depends on you, there is no other choice but to be strong. No time for crying and bemoaning life; there's only time for a deep breath, rolling of the shoulders, standing up and saying: bringiton! Not just that, you even have to say it with a smile and a laugh: ooohhhhh yeaaaahhhh, bring-it-on!

I hold my head high, back straight, and laugh at life! No matter what, everything is going to be alright. No matter what happens, life will not get the best of me. Monday might have been a letting go but it was with the promise of a fulfilling friendship. Tuesday was a meeting with an old friend and talking with her for hours like we have never been apart. People enriching my life by being a part of it brings warmth to my heart.

I may be driving on my motorbike alone, I may be carrying the burden of my business alone, I may be taking care of my son alone, I may be alone facing life...but never lonely. There is so much to be thankful for, so much good news to focus on, so much love received and to give.

Putting my son to bed, wrapping him in my arms, kissing him on the forehead, a big happy smile on my face, I am contented...even if my cellphone is finally quiet.

No comments: