Friday, June 8, 2012

Entry 4: Excited and Terrified


Thursday, a day before the opening. Stressed doesn't even describe it. I'm beyond stressed that I've come full circle to just chill. The meetings just went on and on forever. It was like a flood of work. But i had so much fun! At the start, there was a shortage of cash but as the day progressed so did the shower of money.
Tables and chairs, check! Waiters, check! Cooks, check! Bartender, check! More glasses, pitchers, bar utensils, check! Order 40 cases of drinks, check! Menu, check! Banner, check! And so much more, check! I have to sleep now as would need to wake up in 4 hours (5am) to go to the market for food purchasing. Then I need to be awake for 24 hours until 5am the next day! I would need an unlimited supply of coffee!

It's all so exciting...but the fear is all too real as well. But when you hear words like these:
"Of course!  I hope if I get back to the Philippines that I will be able to spend time with you as well!  You might be too busy though with a successful bar and school!  You will do wonderfully!  You are an incredibly amazing young woman!  Beautiful, brilliant and so multifaceted! Don't be worried you are a success!! So your bar will be as well! Not only are you the above mentioned but kind and generous as well. I feel very lucky to know you!"
It makes me believe I can do it. To simply know that someone believes in you, feels so good but for someone to believe in you so much makes you feel humbled. I almost choked when tears started creeping up my eyes. Somehow, through new friends, I could almost feel that my mother is still alive and is speaking through her.
For those kind, encouraging, and supportive words, for the confidence and belief, I thank her. Now, I am not so terrified anymore.

No comments: